"Torah brought to your doorstep...."
Kollel of Paramus
For Ba'al Habatim
Spend one morning a week learning and growing!
Program: Monday Mornings 7:30am - 10:30am
||Gemara (Basic Gemara skills to be emphasized) - Tractate
||Halacha - Hilchos Shabbos
||Parshas Hashavua - discussion of the weekly Torah portion
||Mussar - Misilas Yesharim
Location: Congregation Beth Tefillah
452 Forest Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
Endorsed by the RCBC
Under the auspices of:
Rabbi Zvi Sobolofsky, Cong. Khal Adath Jeshurun of Paramus
Rabbi Wolff, Cong. Beth Tefillah of Paramus
& Yeshivas Ohr Hatalmud of Englewood
For more information please call -
|| (201) 265-1460
|| (201) 261-1453
Making a Gift of Appreciated Securities
By transferring shares of stock to KAJ of Paramus you can realize tremendous tax savings. If you have owned shares of stock for more than a year, you can:
- Deduct the full market value of the stock, as a donation, on your tax return.
- Avoid paying tax on the increase in value between your cost or tax basis and the fair market value (also known as the Capital Gain).
How do I make a stock gift to KAJ of Paramus?
- Call or e-mail (kajp@ThePentagon.com)
the treasurer (Howard Gans) and let us know that you are making a gift to
the KAJ of Paramus account.
- Ask for the "DTC Number" and "Account Number" of the
KAJ of Paramus account at our broker.
- Have your broker electronically transfer your stock to our account,
or deliver the stock to our broker.
For tax purposes, stock is valued at the average market price on the
date of the gift.
KAJ of Paramus will send you a gift acknowledgement letter for your tax
Your stock will be sold immediately upon receipt into the KAJ of
Paramus account. Your KAJ of Paramus account will be credited
with the full value of the sale price.
Example - Paying annual dues of $650 with 6 shares of IBM stock that cost you
- Notify the treasurer of your intent to transfer 6 shares of IBM stock. You will be given the KAJ of Paramus DTC number and Account Number.
- Tell your broker to transfer the shares.
- You will receive a receipt from KAJ of Paramus acknowledging the shares received.
- Results are as follows:
- Assumption: Average market price on the sale day is $125/per share. (You
can determine the average market price for an individual stock by looking
at the next morning’s financial pages in the newspaper, or on the Internet
after market closing.)
- Your donation for tax purposes is $125 x 6 = $750.
- You have eliminated a personal taxable gain of $450 ($750 - $300 cost)
and a tax liability of approx $100-$140 depending on your tax bracket.
- Your KAJ account will have a credit balance of $750 - 650 = $100.
credit balance refund checks will not be issued.